Present Affiliation/Employer: Theragen Inc., Korea
Work Address: 2nd floor, B-dong, AICT, Suwon, 443-270, Gyunggi-do, Korea
Contact Info : email@example.com
Home page: http://jongbhak.com/
1990. 9 ~ 1994. 7: Aberdeen University, UK Biochemistry BSc. Honours, 1st Class.
1994. 10 ~ 1997. 7: MRC centre, Center for Protein Engineering,
Cambridge, UK. Bioinformatics Ph.D.
with Tim Hubbard & Cyrus Chothia Ph.D.
Thesis : Genome sequence analysis and methods.
Ph.D. supervisers: Tim Hubbard (Sanger Inst.) & Cyrus Chothia (MRC-LMB)
Employment and career experience
1997. 8 ~ 1997.12 : MRC centre, Cambridge, UK. Bioinformatics Postdoc
with Cyrus Chothia
1998. 1 ～1999. 4 : Harvard Medical School, Genetics dept,
George Church Lab. Research Fellow, Postdoc
1999. 4 ～2001. 12 : EBI (European Bioinformatics Institute) Research Fellow,
Postdoc. With Dr. Liisa Holm
2001. 1 ~ 2003. 4 : MRC-DUNN, Cambridge, UK, Group Leader (Faculty)
2003. 4 ~ 2005. 3 : Biosystems Dept. KAIST, Korea Associate Professor (Faculty)
2005. 3 ~ Present: KOBIC, KRIBB, Daejeon, Korea (Director)
2006. 9 ~ 2009.9 : Korean University of Science and Technology
2009. 9 ~ 2014.5: Theragen Inc. BiO Institute. Director.
2013.6 ~ : Theragenomics CEO, La Jolla, USA
- Genomics: the frst Korean genome sequence analysis.
- Pathogen-host interaction analysis at genomic/proteomic scale.
This work is on a large-scale pathogenic interaction studies using protein-protein interaction information.
- Structural Interactomics (the whole biomolecular structural interaction network construction and analysis. Mainly proteins and their ligands). This is a high resolution structural analysis of interactome. It defines precisely the structural patterns and topologies of protein and chemical domains using computer algorithms developed by us. (Park, et al., 2001, JMB). (Http://interactomics.org/)
- Protein Chemical (ligand) Interaction. I have been interested in the interaction between proteins and their ligands. No publishable or significant research results are available yet. However, I am quite interested in this topic and am currently negotiating a collaboration and grant with a research institute (symposium presentation: annual Korean Biochemistry society meeting, 2002. RNA and DNA binding proteins domains)
- SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) and SAP (small number amino acid polymorphism) analysis.
- BioInfra (Construction of Bioinformatic infrastructure for large scale industrial biotechnology applications)
- Molecular Anthropology. I have been interested in analyzing ancient DNA to track the origins and migrations of ethnic groups.
Names of Jong Bhak's Referees
Prof. Shoba Ranganathan, Ph.D. Chair of Bioinformatics, Dept. of Chemistry and Biomolecular Sciences, Macquarie University, Sydney. Australia, Tel +61 2 9850 6262 , Fax: +61 2 9850 8313, Email: shoba.ranganathan @ mq.edu.au http://bioinfo.org/people/shoba.html
Prof. Tan Tin Wee, Ph.D. Associate professor of National University of Singapore (NUS). Singapore. tinwee @ bic.nus.edu.sg
Sang-Ki Rhee, Ph.D. Professor, Department of Medical Biotechnology
College of Medical Sciences
(former director of KRIBB where KOBIC was affliated with)
Chief Executive Director, SCH Center for BioPharmaceutical Research and Human Resources Development, Soon Chun Hyang (SCH) University
Postal Address: 646 Eupnaeri, Sinchang, Asan City, Chungnam, Korea (336-745)
Tel: +82-(0)41-547-1793 Fax: +82-(0)41-530-3085
Mobile: +82-(0)10-9309-4480 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Michael Schroeder: michael.schroeder @ biotec.tu-dresden.de. http://www.biotec.tu-dresden.de/schroeder, since 2003 Professor in Bioinformatics, Biotec and Dept. of Computing, TU Dresden , +49-351-463-40062
Prof. Liisa Holm: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, Department of Biosciences, P.O.Box 56 (Viikinkaari 9), FIN-00014 University of Helsinki, Finland, phone: +358 9191 59117 , fax: +358-9-191-58754
Dr. George Church: http://arep.med.harvard.edu/ Genetics Dept. Harvard Med. School, Longwood Ave. Boston, MA, USA, (617) 432-1278
Dr. Tim Hubbard: email@example.com, The Sanger Centre Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA, UK, Tel: +44 1223 496886 , Fax: +44 1223 494919
Dr. Cyrus Chothia: chc1 @ mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk, MRC-LMB, Cambridge, Hills Road, CB22QH, UK , +44 (0)1223 402221
List of publication (Jong Bhak is the same person as Jong H. Park)
Most recent ones are here: Jong's Research Articles | Jong's research articles format 2
Jong's Corean CV